Were you registered as a WLMP Participant and graduated from law school between 2011 and 2016? Do you know something who fits this bill? If the answer is yes, then you or your friend may be eligible for the WLMP Emerging Legal Leader Award!
The WLMP Emerging Legal Leader Award recognizes an WLMP Alumna member for her ongoing WLMP mentorship and her dedication to the retention of women in the law.
To be eligible for the WLMP Emerging Legal Leader Award, the Award nominee:
- must be registered as a WLMP Alumna;
- have graduated law school and is either in her articling year, or in her first 5 years of legal practice, and/or first 5 years of her non-law career;
- must not have served on the WLMP National Board; and,
- was not removed from any WLMP Program for misconduct.
To apply for the WLMP Emerging Legal Leader Award, the award nominee package should include:
- the completed and signed WLMP PMDF Alumna Awards Form-2016;
- a letter of nomination stating the reasons for nomination and background information of the WLMP Alumna nominee’s achievements since graduating from law school and her WLMP University Chapter;
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae/resume; and,
- Letters of support for the nomination (up to a maximum of 3).
- If possible, 1 of the letters in support of the Award nominee’s application should be from their WLMP mentee. While this is not necessary, it is helpful.
- Additional letters may be from members of the legal community, who are in good standing with their Law Societies or Associations, or a direct supervisor within their non-law career.
All completed nomination packages should be submitted by August 25, 2016 and must be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
The award will be presented on Friday, September 30, 2016 at the WLMP Legal Leaders Breakfast hosted by the WLMP uOttawa Chapter. The Award nominee should be prepared to attend the WLMP Legal Leaders Breakfast to receive their award or arrange for someone to accept the award on her behalf.